ABAM is dedicated to providing a user-friendly and informative process for Diplomates to meet all of their Tmoc requirements. Below are some tips that can make your Tmoc process easier to complete.
1. We’ve made it easy for you to complete your required 9 SAMs through the ASAM e-LLC “FREE & Online: ASAM Conference (2015) – Lifelong Learning: Review of Articles for ABAM Tmoc.” Medical journal articles selected for Tmoc Part 2 will be reviewed and critiqued to facilitate completion of 8 Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) questions for Tmoc credit during this workshop.
2. Not a lot of time to travel for CME? You can now complete your entire ABAM Tmoc requirements by completing just SAMs. Each completed SAM now counts as an ABAM-Approved CME Activity.
3. Please take advantage of ABAM’s extensive list of FREE CME on the Approved Activities List.
4. If there is an asterisk next to a SAM, it indicates that the publisher of the journal requires those without an ongoing subscription to pay a fee to obtain the full text of the article.
5. All SAMs are “open book”. Feel free to refer to the journal article during the assessment. You must answer 3 of the 4 questions correctly in order to receive credit for the SAM. (There is no penalty for failing to pass, and no penalty for failing to complete a SAM.) If you do not pass the SAM initially, you will be given a second and final chance to answer the questions for credit. Once the SAM is completed successfully, this is automatically added to your transcript and credit is immediately visible in the summary of credits shown on the Tmoc tab.
6. CME activities housed at other organizations’ websites – that is, anything in the right-hand column of the Educational Activities tab – operate differently than SAMs which are housed on the Tmoc Diplomate Portal. CME activities are not automatically recorded. When you complete a CME activity, you need to return to the ABAM Diplomate Portal and attest to having completed it by entering it into the ABAM Tmoc Diplomate Web Portal. To claim credits, click on the title of the activity, and then in the next screen click the brown “Mark as In Progress” button in the upper right-hand corner. Next, enter your completion date and click “Mark as Complete”.
7. Don’t delay completing your 2015 Tmoc requirements.